Source Code missing DLL

Jun 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Hi,

Below mentioned dll is missing from source code.

Where will I find this one?

McTools.Xrm.Connection

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Hi,

Look at the home page of this tool, there is a list of related projects... you will find the McTools.Xrm.Connection one

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Thanks Got it!

Now I am trying to compile source code facing following issues:-

Error    4    'LicenseKey.Key' does not contain a definition for 'ExcelLicenseKey' and no extension method 'ExcelLicenseKey' accepting a first argument of type 'LicenseKey.Key' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    G:\MS CRM\CRM2011 tools\metadatadocgenerator-12996\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\Generator\ExcelDocument2.cs    56    44    MetadataDocumentationGenerator

Error    1    Member 'LicenseKey.Key.LicenseKey' cannot be accessed with an instance reference; qualify it with a type name instead    G:\MS CRM\CRM2011 tools\metadatadocgenerator-12996\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\Generator\SureStepWordDocument.cs    53    42    MetadataDocumentationGenerator

Error    2    Member 'LicenseKey.Key.LicenseKey' cannot be accessed with an instance reference; qualify it with a type name instead    G:\MS CRM\CRM2011 tools\metadatadocgenerator-12996\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\Generator\WordDocument2.cs    55    42    MetadataDocumentationGenerator

Error    3    'GemBox.Spreadsheet.SpreadsheetInfo' does not contain a definition for 'SetLicense'    G:\MS CRM\CRM2011 tools\metadatadocgenerator-12996\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\MetadataDocumentationGenerator\Generator\ExcelDocument2.cs    56    29    MetadataDocumentationGenerator

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

It's normal...

My own license keys are used to generate documents and I can't share them...

So, if you want to modify the Metadata Document Generator itself, open a discussion to ask for new features. If these updates are just for you, buy licenses from Gembox Software (I will then send you an empty project to add your keys and generate the assembly).

If you just want to look at the code, you don't need it

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I need latest running exe of this tool.

I am using windows xp.

Can you please provide?

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

No I can't. Licenses are slipstreamed in the final exe and I can't share them in other way

Latest version will be released when finished.

Moreover, tools for CRM 2011 can't be executed on Windows XP (this is a limitation from Microsoft, not me)

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:14 PM

OK.Let me check subscription charges.

Finally I could install on windows 7.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

GemBox has a free version (limitations listed below).  Can this be used instead of the full version?

I actually just want to add the ability to export to JSON and XML as well, so the limited versions don't matter to me.

Once I get the above exports working I can add the code to your project or send it to you and you can add it.

Thanks.

http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/document/free-version

GemBox.Document Free delivers the same performance and set of features as the Professional version.  However, Free version is limited to 20 paragraphs. This limitation is enforced during reading or writing files.  FreeLimitReached event allows you to control what happens when your application reaches free version limit.

http://www.gemboxsoftware.com/spreadsheet/free-version

GemBox.Spreadsheet Free delivers the same performance and set of features as the Professional version. However, the following limitations are imposed:

• Maximum number of rows per sheet is 150.
  • Maximum number of sheets per workbook is 5.

The above limitations are enforced during writing or reading XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV or HTML files.

LimitNear and LimitReached events allow you to control what happens when your application is near limit or when it reaches free version limit.

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2012 at 8:52 PM

FYI, I downloaded and installed the free GemBox trial software from above.  Once I did that I had to comment out all references to the LicenseKey  (Lines 8, 54 and 55 in WordDocument2 and lines 8, 55 adn 56 in ExcelDocument2) and it builds fine.

This, combined with the other software mentioned in the documentation and freely available, will allow you to build, test, play and expand...

Thanks TanGuy, you've made my life easier...

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM

I'm glad it helped you!